According to a news release from the Johnson Co. Sheriff’s Office, on the evening of Friday, February 2, 2018 the Johnson Co Sheriff’s Office received multiple 911 calls of a reckless driver in a white Cadillac car on KY Rt 201. Deputy J.P. Primm responded to the call and located the vehicle on KY 201 near KY1559 and conducted a traffic stop. Deputy J. Mullins arrived on scene to assist Deputy Primm at that time. While on scene, Deputy Mullins observed that the operator of the vehicle, Larry Burton 59 of Ashland, had blood shot eyes and slurred speech. Deputy Mullins issued a standard field sobriety test to Burton and determined him to be operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs. Deputy Mullins gained consent to search the vehicle from Burton. At that time Deputy Mullins and Deputy Primm searched Burton’s Cadillac and located multiple items of drug paraphernalia, 3 large baggies of a white crystal substance believed to be methamphetamine, and a small orange pill believed to be suboxone.
* Burton was arrested by Deputy Mullins on charges of:
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol/drugs 1st offense
2. No registration plates
3. No registration receipt
4. Failure to produce insurance card
* Burton was arrested by Deputy Primm on charges of:
- Possession of a controlled substance 1st degree methamphetamine
2. Possession of drug paraphernalia
3. Possession of a controlled substance 3rd degree
Larry Burton was lodged in the Big Sandy Regional Detention Center.