According to a news release from the Louisa Police Department, on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 the Louisa Police Department was requested along with the Lawrence Co Sheriff’s Office to assist Probation and Parole with a home visit on Powhatten Street for a parolee that did not comply with their conditions, due to there being multiple people seen at the residence. Upon arriving at the residence officers encountered 2 males in the driveway who were found to be in possession of a crystallized substance believed to be Methamphetamine. One of the males was found to have a set of digital scales and cash on him which led officers to believe they were involved in the trafficking of Methamphetamine. Other items of drug paraphernalia were located in the residence that area commonly used in drug trafficking along with more of the crystallized substance. A narcotics field test was performed on a small sample of the crystallized substance that showed positive for Methamphetamine. The following individuals were arrested:
* April A. Harper of Louisa was arrested by Sgt. Steven Wilburn and charged with complicity to Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st degree Methamphetamine, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Harper was also charged with a parole violation by the Probation and Parole Officer.
* Shannon L. Jude of Louisa was arrested by Sgt. Steven Wilburn and charged with Complicity to Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st degree Methamphetamine, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Possession of Marijuana.
* Frank D. Spears of Louisa was arrested by Sgt. Chuck Jackson LCSO and charged with Complicity to Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st degree Methamphetamine and Possession of a Controlled Substance 1st degree Methamphetamine.
* Christopher Ratliff also of Louisa was arrested by Sgt. Chuck Jackson LCSO and charged with Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st degree Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
* Earlier in the day Sgt. Steven Wilburn and Chief Greg Fugitt arrested Jason D. Meadows from a vehicle in from of the residence. Meadows was wanted in the State of West Virginia for Drug Trafficking charges.
“Officers have been watching this residence for some time after receiving numerous complaints of heavy traffic”, stated Chief Greg Fugitt. Chief Fugitt advised that if you have any information of drug trafficking in Louisa or around Louisa please contact us at 606-638-4058. All suspects were lodged in the Big Sandy Regional Detention Center.