A Floyd Co man was arrested in Magoffin Co. on Tuesday after he was found in a creek with a large amount of drugs. According to reports, the Magoffin Co Sheriff’s Department responded to the call of a possible traffic accident and upon arrival, a man fled the scene. The Kentucky State Police was then called to assist in the search for the man officials identified as 30-year old Kenneth Hayden of Blue River. Police was able to locate the man a short time later on Ky. Rt 7 hiding in a creek behind a residence. Police report that when Hayden seen them, he attempted to flee again, but was quickly apprehended. He allegedly had in his possession a black duffel bag that contained a large amount of cash and drugs, suspected to be about 145 grams of methamphetamine. He also had a bag that contained a white powder that is suspected to be cocaine. Hayden was arrested and charged with the following:
* 2-counts of trafficking in a controlled substance
* drug paraphernalia (buy/possess)
* possession of a handgun by a convicted felon
* several counts of fleeing and evading police
* burglary 3rd degree
* resisting arrest
* leaving the scene of an accident
* being a persistent felony offender in the 1st degree.
* serving parole violation warrant
* failure to appear
* disorderly conduct 2nd degree
* other minor charges
Hayden remains lodged in the Big Sandy Regional Detention Center.