The Johnson Co. Fiscal Court also met in regular session on Monday, 5-14-2018 @ 4:30 PM in the meeting room of the Johnson Co. Courthouse in downtown Paintsville. The meeting began in normal fashion with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, the approval of the minutes from the meeting on April 9. The court also approved to pay the monthly bills as presented and approved the monthly transfer of $40,000 from the General Fund to the Jail Fund. Items commissioners approved on the night were:
* Approval to accept the lowest bid for drilled steel. Upon the advice from the county attorney, the county road foreman recommended the bid be awarded to Chris Isaac Drilling ($19.47 for rail in place, $5.47 for cribbing in place and $22.00 for classified backfill in place).
* Approved a submitted budget for the Johnson Co. Extension Office
* Approved the Clerk’s 1st Qtr. report
* Approved the 1st Reading of the Fiscal Court Budget
* Approved a bid from Worlwide Equipment for 2 new Mack trucks. Judge Daniel said as before, the court would like to use World Wide’s program where you buy a truck and use it for a year, then the truck would be taken to Alabama for auction with a guarantee of 90% of the trucks price. Judge Daniel said the county has made money on those deals every year.
* Approved an amendment to the Johnson Co. Sheriff’s Office Budget for 2018. An increase of $16,269.62 to include unbudgeted receipts from KLEPF $15,895.11 and returning a fugitive $374.51. The money will go into the Deputy Gross Salaries Account (01-5015-103) in the amount of $15,895.11 and Travel Expense (01-5015-576) in the amount of $374.51.
* Approved 2 amendments to the Fiscal Court. The first amendment was from surplus property, truck license, county road aid and reimbursements and FEMA money in the amount of $219,421.83 that will go to reserve for transfers. The second amendment was from LGEA Coal and LGEA Mineral totaling $127,451.50 that will go to reserve for transfers.
* Approved the re-appointment of Mr. K. Douglas VanHoose to the Johnson Co. Housing Authority. Doug VanHoose’s term was set to expire in June 2018. He has served on the board for 32 years.
* Approved the reimbursement of $3,877.20 to the Clerk’s Office for claim of calculation of motor vehicle & boat bills for 2018.
* Approved a Road Aid Agreement for the Fiscal year beginning July 1, 2018 in the amount of $1,001,813,59 in disbursements. The first in the amount of $583,056 and the second amount will depend on how actual revenues compare to revenue estimates. The final disbursement shall be based on actual revenues tabulated after the end of the fiscal year (June 30).
* Approved a resolution to apply for CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) on behalf of W.R. Castle Fire and Rescue to construct an addition to the existing fire station. The application will be in the amount up to $500,000.
The final two items on the evening was a discussion on finding available money for a new Sr. Citizens Van and the court heard the activity report for Gary McClure, Paintsville/Johnson Co. Emergency Mgmt. Director.