It was announced on Monday that five Eastern Kentucky counties have been awarded emergency road aid money from the state to repair damaged roads.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Secretary Greg Thomas said, “These emergency funds will help repair and restore damaged infrastructure throughout this community.”
The five counties that received the funds are Breathitt, Estill, Lee, Magoffin and Powell Counties.
* Breathitt Co was awarded $42,585 to make slip and slide repairs to Little Creek Road (CR 1160), 0.2 miles northeast of KY 1110.
* Estill Co will receive $210,700 to make slip and slide repairs on KY 1139 (Crooked Creek Road).
* Lee Co has $17,720 to repair drainage structure on KY 1411 (South Fork Road).
* Magoffin Co was awarded $20,000 to make slide repairs on KY 1090.
* Powell Co was awarded $135,300 to make slip and slide repairs on KY 1639 (South Fork Road).