School Officials at the Univ. of Pikeville (UPike) reported Tuesday that four students received medical treatment Monday night following a gas leak at a residence hall on the UPike campus. School Officials said they received a report of a possible gas leak and students were asked to evacuate the building while emergency services personnel inspected the building. Upon inspection, Officials confirmed there was indeed a gas leak. UPIKE officials said the gas line was shut off early Tuesday morning and students were allowed back into the residence hall, but four students had to receive medical care due to the gas leak. In a prepared statement from UPike Officials, “The University of Pikeville’s priority is student safety. With that priority in mind, the university is acting quickly to resolve the situation.” No further information has been released at this time.
Wildcat Football and Basketball games air on WSIP FM