Registration continues for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program or LIHEAP administered by Big Sandy Area Community Action, but time is running out. Thursday, December 13 will be the last day to register. To qualify for the Subsidy component of LIHEAP, applicants must present the following:
- Most recent heating bill or proof that heating expenses are included in rent (for example: lease agreement or rent contract)
• Metered utility bill
• Proof of household income for prior month;
• Birthdates for all household members;
• Social security card or official documentation with social security numbers for each member of household.
Applicants must apply in their county of residence. Applications will be taken at the at all BSACAP service offices from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on an alphabetical basis. For more information contact the offices in your area:
230 Court Street
60 Court Street
131 S. Church Street
387 E. Main Street
478 Town Mountain Road
* The crisis component of LIHEAP will not begin until Monday, January 7th. To learn more about BSACAP and their programs, visit www.bsacap.org or call (606) 789-3641.